What you will learn
Is aortic stenosis present? Is it severe? Is surgery required? Are new treatment options an alternative? This chapter will answer your questions.
- Pathophysiology, morphology and incidence
- Understanding the hemodynamics of aortic stenosis
- How to quantify aortic stenosis
- What to do in difficult situations
- When to perform surgery and how echo can help you to find the best time for surgery
- Basics 15:35This video lecture is only available for subscribers!
- Quantification 18:40This video lecture is only available for subscribers!
- Special Circumst. 19:32This video lecture is only available for subscribers!
- Surgery 05:14This video lecture is only available for subscribers!
- Sub/Supravalvular 05:45This video lecture is only available for subscribers!
- Summary 04:37This video lecture is only available for subscribers!
you are about to start the "Aortic Stenosis" quiz and evaluation.
The quiz contains 10 questions, so you need to answer 8 correctly (pass mark 75%).
We designed the quiz as a learning experience as well, it is not just a testing tool. Some questions were not taken directly from the course.
Once you have done the quiz, complete the short evaluation to be able to claim your CME certificate.
We wish you good luck!.
All the best, your 123 Sonography Team
This quiz is only available for subscribers!Get the Echo MasterClass Course
A case of 123
Three problems in a rowWatch case
Finding the sound
Systolic murmur, but whyWatch case
Follow up for AS A detailed look at severity of AS and gradientsWatch case
83 year old women, Diabetic, Valvular heart disease. Is there something else as well?Watch case
Looking at Gradients
This is something for experts. Look at the Doppler spectrum of the aortic valve . Maybe more than aortic stenosis is present in this patient?Watch case
Low-Gradient Aortic Stenosis
Low-flow, high impact.Read case
Today’s topic will show you how echocardiograms can change over time and what this means for the patient. Learn everything you need to know.Read case
Her height was a mere 154 cm. She was unable to even unbutton her blouse, crippled in a wheel chair...Read case
Aortic stenosis: TAVI (transpercutaneous aortic valve implantation) - has been used in more than 20,000 patients throughout the world...Read case
North “Stars” and Aortic Stenosis
Recently, I was invited to the Karolinska Insitute in Stockholm to hold a lecture...Read case
It started off as an adventure that’s experienced by many immigrants who leave their homeland to travel to other countries, seeking to fulfill their dreams.Read case
Adhering to rules gives us a certain sense of confidence. The same is true for echocardiography.Read case
Click on the link below to download or print your fact sheet.